Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

THE CONCLUSION OF MADLY IN LOVE!

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have been working on my very first CAL (Crochet-Along), the Madly in Love! infinity scarf from Moogly. I think that after more than 50 inches of puff stitches, I am getting pretty good at it. Part 2, revealed a very clever surprise from the designer! We split the scarf in three parts and braid them, then attach them to the main part with some decorative buttons. After spending a lot of time searching for buttons and not finding anything that I liked to go with the scarf, I decided to try something different. Instead of a contrasting colour, I chose a monochromatic look. I had three buttons that were an exact match to the melon colour of my yarn, but they were too small. So, I made some flowers with the leftover yarn placed the buttons on them. (I will give the pattern for the flower in a future post.) I turned the flowers, so that the wrong side was facing up, as that gave them a puffier look to complement all the lovely puff stitches of the scarf. 






No comments:

Post a Comment